2013. december 30., hétfő

Cook in India - without kitchen

I'm the richest person(a) on the world. Whenever I need a fruit I can get any, and also fresh. Whenever I want a cold drink, I reach my fridge and pay only for what I really consume. My storage's name is S-H-O-P. I stopped storing loads of things which I might need later. No. I buy them only when I use, that's it. I have no room, no equipments to store anything. And with this "poverty" I realised the meaning of this freedom.

According to ayurveda (holistic healing science) the best way to eat to keep the right order. Do not mix dring with food. As a sleepless sceptic I always run after the Why-s. Real prosaic reasons behind yoga poses (disabled swamis), or recepies (why do we cut all the time the edges of a cookie - cause our grandmother had smaller oven), etc. So why is that? Where did the idea came from? I tried to find out, but didn't get anywhere.
Until I cooked my first meal in the hut - without equipments.

My minimal kitchen stands for:

  • 1 pc spiral water boiler - to boil water with
  • 1 pc mug - to boil water in
  • 1 pc bowl - to stir food in
  • 1 tablespoon - to stir food with

So once I use one container I can't use the other one. Once I'm done with the water I have to wait until the boiler cools down. At the meantime I have eaten my food, so time for a tea. And vica versa. When I have tea in my mug I can't boil water for food, so it needs to wait. This is how I keep the ayurvedic rule - involuntarily. So the solution is this: Poverty. No other options.

This is a good weight loss plan. And also a yogic way to eat, because you really have to plan your food well. Else something will be missing, or you can run out of space (no extra bowl to stir something else). And also this lifestile teaches you to be patient. See, yoga is everywhere!

Pictures:
Ingredients of my breakfast: boiler, mug, ghee, puffed amaranth, puffed rice, raisin, banana, sunflower seeds, cinnamon



My "landlord" kindly gave me a hand to make a proper picture of the result. Looks eeeeekk but tastes yummy.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése