2013. december 9., hétfő

Arrival to Agra (Taj Mahal, the crown of palaces)

Our train arrived on time, exactly in the scheduled minute. We took rikshaws to the accomodation (Sai Palace) where I just dropped my backpack and started to discover the new place where I was going to stay 2 nights. I didn't even do my first step, only turned around and I saw one of my dreams becoming true from my childhood. The symbol of true love (and megalomania), the pure feminity was just right in front of my eyes. The Taj Mahal.
It was built by Jahan Shah in the XVII. century as a memorial to his beloved wife, who died in childbirth (13th child). Her last wish was a monument for their love, and she also asked her husband not to marry again. The Shah started the construction immadiately, and it took 30 years to erect this ultimate monument of love. The building is perfectly simmetric. 4 sides look exactly the same, but only one detail is missing. 2 coffins can be found in the building, but the wife's is in the centre, the Shah's on her side, because there was an other Taj Mahal to be built from black marble for him, but it never happened.
For me this building is the symbol of deep true love and respect.
As a woman I would like to share the wife's name and face:
Mumtaz Mahal



Rikshaw ride in Agra




Taj Mahal











Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése