2013. december 28., szombat

Khajuraho - Hometown of Kama Sutra

When I say Kama Sutra many of you think about sex posture and this is the part of the story. We consider Coca-Cola as the best PR-ed brand in the world, but I think this one is a competitor. Isn't it?
The idea behind that was to attract attention so the culture may be adopted widely. Personally I have to express my respect here about Kama Sutra: way of thinking about the whole life, accepting everything which is part of our life, including sex. Not like Christian religion. If you force it - it hits you back twice.
Khajuraho a dusty, small town, but a strong tourist attraction. How else would the 5 star hotels appear in every second corner. Also an airport was built just because of the popularity of the town. I wish I could have swapped my extra day in Agra to one day here. Such a shame.
The unlimited amounts of temples are impressive. Each one is a complete art. So fine, so old (actually only 500-1000 years old), that it is impossible to get bored.
Also nice way of disovering the place on a bicycle. (not motorbike). Too many temples to see in short time. Luckily I wasn't alone. The girls from Rishikesh found local boys, who kindly guided us around Khajuraho. For sure we have seen everything.
My peak experiences:
  • Train to Khajuraho (I have met 2 very nice people on the trainstation, and by accident our seats were just right beside each other. Destiny, ha.)
  • Accomodation: Yogi Ashram Guesthouse - perfect location, 1 km from the centre of the town. Clean air, silence, huge room, big bed, nice hosts. Very nice hosts actually. The manager guy was so nice to give me lift 2 times a day just as a favour. 
  • Shiva temple ceremony. Since I don't know when, people get toghether at 6pm to do a little ceremony every day. The priest of the temple invited me personally, so I attended. It was a bless. I felt happy there (not related to kama sutra here. :-P)

Khajuraho was my second town where I met annoying way of selling. They keep coming after you, acting like baggers. Also young little kids, so you have to learn to say no, you don't want to stop by their shop and buy scarves/postcards/books/souvenirs, etc. I owe them one to teach me for the science of saying no.

Let picture talk:
The Canadian couple from the train:

Ashram:
 My room is the second left. Close to the terrace.
 Map of Khajuraho:
 Discover the town by bicycle with the girls.
 Temple
 Temple a little bit closer
 ... and closer.
Inside.

 Oh, nice shop with handmade pictures.
 Aaaand an other temple.
 Temple..
 An other one..
 The main group of temples.
 1000 years old decoration in the wall of a temple.
 This is the Shiva temple I had the ceremony. Amazing that it operates the same way as 500 years ago.
 Staff of the Shiva temple
 Kama sutra temple
 And the famous motivum
 Less famous one

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése