2013. december 3., kedd

Runaway train to the Taj Mahal

Unbelievable but true: it is impossible to book train tickets in India, only a few weaks in advance! But airplane tickets - no problem. Well, the price difference is significant, but long distance I recommend the plane. My ticket from Delhi to Goa cost 10,000 Rupees (business class, because of overweighted luggage), but the cheapest ticket would be around 7,000. Train around 3,000.
But as an experience I took the train to Agra and Khajuraho. As it was a last minute decision I felt sad that I can't go with the girls from the Yoga Teacher Training team, but at least we can meet at the destinations. I looked online, but the computer put me only on waiting list. So I almost gave up my dream to see the Taj Mahal. But thanks to the travel agency (who are actually causing this trouble with their pre-booked tickets) I was able to manage it. The trip was such a great experience, it gave me so much, I will never forget.
At this time I took distance trains (not locals), sleeper "class", which equals to 3rd class, and they seemed to be pretty normal. Not a big difference from the ones at home. However hungarian trains are not comparable to Austrian ones for example. :-)
The word to describe the train: life. Life was everywhere. The chai-guy steped over a salad selling-man, and an other women followed him selling totally useless souvenirs. Passangers were cheerful, talkative, curious, and happy. We also see the poverty, but as a european I would like to clarify here, that poverty does not equal sadness. They can be happier than us, who can satisfy their needs and greeds only in material things. They have found the way to enjoy life with less material needs. Looking at them is a clear, innocent joy.

Sleeper class: these hanging things are chains to fix the middle bed, which is now a cover of the main seat.

Fruits are available at some stations, no need to exit, they come to you.

Waiting for the train.

Speed.

Chai (7 rupees per glass)





The two girls on the top seats. Marina and Katie are one of us :-) Playing cards.


Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése