2013. október 10., csütörtök

The Journey

The trip last only 20 hours from door to door (from Budapest to Rishikesh through Doha and Delhi). My secret wish was to travel with Qatar Airways, which finally became true. I had a great flight with them, I recommend it to everyone.
Whoever says you got to know indian culture through driving, indeed, this is totally correct. Driving in Rome is disaster, but only in European level. You risk your car, not your life. But here... complete heart attack! unbelievable how they blow their horn all the time. It took us 8 hours to get to Rishikesh by car, and during that drive I have witnessed a fully packed 6 persons car (literally, 30 people fit there), trucks, buses driving crazy, and of course cows. The interesting thing is that I didn't see any dead animals on the road and no accidents!, which is unreal comparing to Europe. Is it possible that there is a system in that caos and they drive gently?
I didn't see any guardrails on the mountain roads, however we have crossed 3 streams, 100% dangerous. In Europe the police officer would swallow his whistle! Seriously. There are no rules here! For the first seeing it was shocking, but on the other hand, it overwrites all my expectations for rules in general. 

So, finally we arrived and checked in to our room, which is the best room in the ashram. I love it. And going to stay here for 3months. Wooohoooo!

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése